Monday 2 February 2009

They call this a snowstorm?

We have a snow day today! The University is officially closed because approximately 6 inches of powdery snow is covering campus and the surrounding neighborhoods. Only first-year and international students live on campus, the rest of the student body, faculty and staff commute to and from campus. Apparently the roads are slick so we've been given a free day. The only pictures I've taken so far are from out my bedroom window. It's so cozy warm inside that I'd rather not venture into the snowy cold unless absolutely necessary- which, at the rate I'm going through cups of tea, I'll only need to make a trip for the co-op for more milk!
UPDATE: Who was I kidding? Of course I had to go out and play in the snow. The opportunity was too good to pass up. Besides, when my friends called me up to say they were going sledding on an ironing board, well... I just had to see that for myself. They were unsuccessful but extremely entertaining. 
Turns out that this storm is the worst the country has seen in 18 years! London has come to a complete stop; busses, taxis, even the Tube. I'm glad I got to take part in such a monumental storm. Below are some pictures from our snowy adventure... enjoy!

Snow scene late Sunday afternoon...
What a surprise when I woke up in the morning!

Plenty of snow to build a sizable snowman.

1 comment:

  1. Konnichiwa! I just noticed you're doing that Following thing on my blog. I'm so excited to be able to keep up with you living in England! I've heard about all the snow there recently; airport closed, trains not on schedule, etc.

    Dental school, huh? Keanna's got her first loose tooth...and she's not even 5! The new tooth is coming in behind the baby tooth.

    ReplyDelete